Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

We celebrated Halloween at the kindergarten on Friday since there was no school on Saturday. We, the foreign teachers, decided to have fun with it. We all went to buy Halloween supplies one day at lunch.

In the morning, I wore a long-sleeved shirt and placed my bloody, severed hand up my sleeve. We stand at the front and say, "Give me five!" every morning to the kids. When the kids would hit my hand, I'd let the fake hand fall to the ground and I would scream about my hand. Most kids looked at my hand and were scared because of the blood on it. I even got a couple of parents with it.

My favorite part was our morning show. We had borrowed a school uniform and made a dummy with a water balloon for a head. Chris was supposed to throw the dummy from the 3rd floor but was late, so I had the honor. I stood on the 3rd floor while all of the kids, teachers and many parents were in the center courtyard for the morning show. I held the kid up and screamed, "This is what happens when you're a naughty child!" and threw him in the middle of the courtyard for everyone to see. It was silent for a while. Three of my students told the head Chinese teacher that I had killed a student. We showed them the dummy and they saw that it wasn't a real child.

We spent the morning going class to class, dressed up as the living dead, scaring all of the kids. We spent the rest of the morning and lunch putting the finishing touches on our Haunted Hallway. I was able to convince the rest of the teachers that we should make one. It was great.

We took some kids through it and were able to scare them. I have some great pictures of kids in the middle of their scream. Also, I have some great videos of the kids being scared by the ghosts.

It was a great Halloween. Next year, we'll spend more time on the Haunted Hallway to make it bigger and scarier.

No comments:

Post a Comment